Saturday, September 15, 2012

"The Hobbit"

Maybe I'm a nerd, but I can't wait for "The Hobbit" to come to theaters later this year!  I must have read the book about 50 times when I was a kid, and I could probably read it about 50 more.  There is just something about reading that story that makes me happy and I am really excited to see it on the big screen with real people playing it out.  I'm also happy they are making it into 3 movies instead of condensing it into one, which would severely cut out a lot of the details that make the book so great.  The trilogy movies were great, but they really had to cut out a lot of detail and imagery in order to make them into one movie per book.  Now don't mistake me for a Lord of The Rings freak, caressing my "Precious", and getting all butt hurt when someone makes fun.  I am not a fanatic, just a fan.  I can watch the trilogy movies over and over and not get tired of them, but I don't take it all that seriously.  When I first heard that they were making the trilogy into movies I was excited, but at the same time disappointed that they were not making "The Hobbit" first.  Now I finally get to see one of my favorite books of all time come to life on the big screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment